In a few days it will be Christmas again. For many, the holidays this year are different because of the prevailing Coronavirus. All the more reason to make Christmas an extra special event within your household. With these Santa Clauses made of strawberries and whipped cream you have the opportunity to make your child happy. And after all, that’s what Christmas is all about. Making others happy (and hopefully also yourself) and sharing beautiful moments with the people you love.
December is always a very busy month. For us this year even more so, because the schools in the Netherlands unexpectedly closed again in order to slow down the spread of the Coronavirus. We are at home with two children and besides work, we also have to homeschool our eldest son and take care of Naois who needs constant attention.
In addition we also have to keep preparing ketogenic meals, organise Christmas dinner and keep our little man happy. This recipe is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time. The mini strawberry Santa Clauses are yummy, quick and easy to make, need few ingredients, look beautiful and festive and are also healthy. A gift for yourself and for your child. They made Naois very happy . Here’s the recipe:
- Calories: 159
- Ratio: 3
- Carbohydrates: 04 g
- Proteins: 01 g
- Fats: 15 g
- 38 g full fat cream
- 58 g fresh strawberries
- If desired, you can add a sweetener approved within a ketogenic diet and well tolerated by you or your child according to taste (I use Natrena Liquid).
- 2 g Vivani Organic Fine Dark Chocolate or similar dark chocolate without sugar for the eyes of the mini Santa Clauses (the quantity is so small that it doesn’t affect the ratio much – so it doesn’t matter if you need a little more or less gram – the chocolate I use has a ratio of 3.76).
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stems.
- Cut the strawberries in such a way that for each strawberry a little hat and a little body are created.
- Beat the cream until stiff (not too long to avoid creating butter) and if desired, stir in the sweetener.
- Using two spoons, place the whipped cream on the base of the strawberries (the little bodies of the Santa Clauses).
- Carefully place the upper part of the strawberries on top of the whipped cream that you just placed on the bodies (the hats).
- Put a small lump of whipped cream on each hat.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and use them for the eyes.
- Put the remaining whipped cream on a nice plate and smooth it out with a spatula. It will look like snow.
- Now carefully place the Santa Clauses on top of the snow, serve and enjoy the smile of your child 🙂