Although it is now winter here in the Netherlands, the weather reminds me of autumn. It is windy and it rains a lot. Autumn always makes me think of mushrooms and so I came up with the idea of making a mushroom omelet for Naois today. Healthy, tasty and easy and quick to prepare. Here’s the recipe:
Nutritional value for 1 omelet
- Calories: 303
- Ratio: 3
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Fat: 29 g
Ingredients for 1 omelet
- 15 g mushrooms (champignons de Paris)
- 7 g onion
- 31 g egg
- 45 g whipping cream
- 7 g olive oil
- 9 g grated 45+ Gouda cheese
- In a bowl, mix the 31 g egg with the 45 g whipping cream and the 9 g grated 45+ Gouda cheese.
- Remove the skin of the 7g onion and chop it into small pieces.
- Clean and then cut the 15 g of mushrooms into slices.
- Heat up the 7 g of olive oil in a small frying pan and sauté the onion and mushrooms in the olive oil until tender.
- Pour the egg mixture into the small frying pan (where the onion and mushrooms were sautéed) and pan-fry on low heat until an omelet forms.
- Put the omelet on a plate and enjoy your meal!