In summertime, our family often eats a quiche Lorraine with a salad on the side. Of course, Naois then wants to eat quiche Lorraine as well. When we are sitting at the table and he asks if he can also have quiche, I tell him that of course he can and that he can even have a very special one made with lots of love and just for him. He is such a happy child when he gets to eat more or less the same as the rest of the family. In those situations, he enjoys his food even more than usually and it is a true source of happiness for us when he tells us, with a big grin on his face, that the food is “so delicious”.
I always make 12 quiches at once. A quiche is a complete evening meal for Naois. Here’s the recipe for 1 quiche.
For 1 quiche:
Nutritional value for 1 quiche:
- Calories: 304
- Ratio: 3.03
- Carbohydrates: 01 g
- Protein: 09 g
- Fat: 29 g
- 21 g egg yolk
- 04 g egg white
- 11 g Ketocal 4:1 powder
- 04 g olive oil
- 18g long-lasting whipped cream (35% fat)
- 09 g organic bacon bits
- 05 g grated Gouda Cheese (30+)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius (electric oven)
- Put the 4g egg yolks, 11g Ketocal, 4g olive oil and 18g whipped cream in a bowl and mix until a smooth mass forms.
- Bake the 9 g bacon bits in a frying pan until crisp and golden brown.
- In another bowl, beat the 4 g egg whites until stiff.
- Gently mix the beaten egg white with the smooth mass you made in step 2.
- Pour the mixture of step 5 into a small baking dish or into a muffin shape that can be put in the oven.
- Add the fried bacon and then add the 5 g of grated cheese on top.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and leave it there for about 20 minutes. By inserting a knife into the quiche, you can see if it is cooked. The knife should come out clean. Remove the quiche from the oven when it is cooked. Otherwise leave in the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes.