Naois loves this tomato soup, and honestly, so does the rest of the family. It’s easy to make in large quantities and can be frozen in small portions. Moreover, it fits perfectly into the medical ketogenic diet (ketogenic diet therapy). For a higher ratio, you can simply add more cream, and for the rest of the family, you can use a bit less cream. Curious? Here’s the recipe:
Nutritional Value for 1 serving of 150 g soup with added ingredients:
- Ratio: 2.8:4
- Calories: 376
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Fat: 36 g
Ingredients for the soup (14 servings of 150 grams):
- 224 g carrots
- 827 g tomatoes
- 123 g onion
- 23 g garlic
- 1 g fresh thyme
- 21.3 g chicken bouillon cubes (2 cubes)
- 70 g tomato paste (1 can)
- 750 g tap water
- 20 g olive oil
Ingredients for the last moment (for each 150 g serving of soup):
- 68 g cream
- 10 g roasted pine nuts
- 9 g grated 70+ gouda cheese
- Roughly chop the carrots, tomatoes, onions, and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic, and sauté until they become soft and lightly browned.
- Add the carrots and sauté for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté briefly to develop the flavors.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fresh thyme to the pot. Stir everything well and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken bouillon cubes and pour the tap water into the pot.
- Bring it to a boil and let it simmer over low heat until the vegetables become tender (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender or a regular blender until smooth.
- Divide the tomato soup into 14 portions of 150 grams each and store them in small Tupperware containers in the freezer.
At the time of serving:
- Defrost 1 portion of tomato soup and heat it.
- Roast the 10 g of pine nuts in a dry frying pan over low heat until they become lightly brown. This usually takes just a few minutes. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Just before serving, add 68 g of cream to the 150 g of heated soup and stir well.
- Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts and 9 g of grated 70+ gouda cheese over the 150 g of soup with cream.
Looking for more soup recipes? Try this delicious mushroom soup.