Naois recently turned 7 and obviously his birthday wouldn’t be complete without a home-baked cake and candles. The trick is to make a cake that everyone enjoys and that at the same time, fits within the strict rules of Naois’s diet. The cake I made this year was a great success. Everyone loved it and it was gone in no time. Several family members even asked for the recipe. And above all, when the moment came for Naois to blow out the candles, he was the happiest little man in the world. That sparkle in the eyes and that big smile – that’s what you do it for. Here’s the recipe:
- Calories: 2498
- Ratio: 3.02
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Proteins: 58 g
- Fat: 239 g
- 75 g butter
- 85 g grated coconut
- 02 g cream of tartar
- 150 g eggs
- 02 g vanille aroma van Dr. Oetker (or similar)
- Natrena liquid sweetener according to taste
- 05 g self-pressed lemon juice
- 302 g Monchou cream cheese
- 05 g gelatin
- 49 g strawberries
- 100 g Greek yogurt (10 percent fat)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the 75 g of butter and some sweetener to taste in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add the 85 g grated coconut and the 2 g cream of tartar baking powder and mix well. Then add 50 g of egg and mix everything together again.
- Put a sheet of baking paper into a 20 to 22 cm springform cake pan and grease the edges with a little butter. Spread the just-made dough evenly over the bottom of the springform and press down firmly with your hands or with the back of a spoon. Bake the bottom of the cake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, then let cool well.
- Soak the 5 g gelatin in a generous amount of cold water.
- Remove the gelatin from the water and squeeze the water out of the gelatin leaves.
- Heat the gelatin with the 2 g vanilla aroma, the 5 g lemon juice and sweetener to taste while stirring continuously until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Then clean the bowl and electric mixer and put the 302 g Monchou cream cheese, the 100 g Greek yogurt and the warmed mixture of vanilla flavoring, lemon juice, sweetener and gelatin into the bowl. Then take the electric mixer and beat the contents of the bowl into a smooth and fluffy batter.
- While whisking, carefully add 100 g of egg.
- Taste the batter and add some additional sweetener if necessary.
- Then carefully pour the filling on top of the cake base into the the springform pan, dropping the pan on the counter a few times to allow air bubbles to escape.
- Bake the cheesecake for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven. After baking, allow the cheesecake to cool for at least an hour.
- Decorate the cheesecake with 49 g of fresh strawberries.