In the Netherlands it is autumn. The days are getting shorter and as I write this it is raining and even our dog doesn’t want to go outside. I love the coziness of this season and love to make it extra cozy at home with candles and a nice cup of tea. Baking cookies is also part of this season. It smells so good in the house. I made vegan cookies for Naois today that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I just secretly ate one and it tasted delicious. I can’t wait to welcome Naois with a cookie when he comes home from school.
Nutritional value for 10 cookies
- Calories: 1545 (154.5 for 1 cookie)
- Ratio: 3:1
- Carbohydrates: 38 g (3.8 g for 1 cookie)
- Proteins: 34 g (3.4 g for 1 cookie)
- Fat: 217 g (21.7 g for 1 cookie)
Ingredients for 10 cookies:
- 10 g tap water
- 3 g agar agar
- 20 g Pure Via Stevia
- 123 g pecan nuts
- 104 g almond flour
- 68 g coconut oil
- Preheat the (electric) oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Put the agar agar together with the tap water in a saucepan and bring to boiling. Let it boil under continuous stirring for 1 minute
- Melt the coconut oil in another pan
- Finely grind the pecans
- Add the mixture of water and agar agar, the coconut oil, the almond flour and half (10 g) of the Pure Via Stevia to the grinded pecan nuts and mix until you obtain a kind of dough.
- With your hands, divide the dough into 10 balls of equal size
- Put the 10 g of Pure Via Stevia you haven’t used yet in a bowl and carefully roll each ball through the Stevia so that it is covered with Stevia on the outside. This creates the crispy texture later on.
- Place kitchen paper on a baking tray and press each ball flat with your hands until you get 10 round cookies. The cookies should not touch each other
- Place the baking tray in the middle of the preheated oven and leave it there for 10 to 15 minutes (electric oven 200 degrees Celsius).
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool. They will become crispy once they have cooled down. Once cooled, they can be eaten immediately or stored in the freezer or refrigerator.