Naois loves these quiches. They are healthy and can easily be made in large quantities. I always make 12 at a time and then put them in the freezer. Because he needs more than 300 calories for his dinner, I use two baking moulds for large muffins like this one:
To easily remove the quiches from the baking tin, I put 12 homemade moulds of aluminium foil in the muffin baking tins.
Nutritional value per quiche:
- Calories: 311
- Ratio: 3:1
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Fat: 29 g
Ingredients for 1 quiche:
- 40 g finely chopped frozen spinach
- 22 g long shelf-life whipped cream (Campina)
- 24 g organic egg (1 egg is usually around 50 g)
- 21 g ground macadamia nuts
- 09 g Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Calculate how many grams you need from each ingredient. Because I always make 12 quiches at once, I multiply all quantities 12 times. This means I use 480g of spinach, 264g of whipped cream, etc.
- Weigh all ingredients
- Grind the macadamia nuts
- Put all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl (I use the magimix cook expert) and mix them into a uniform mass.
- Divide the mixture between the (in my case 12) baking tins.
- Place the baking trays in the centre of the preheated oven and bake the quiches for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, use a knife to check whether the quiches are ready (nothing should stick to the knife). Remove the quiches from the oven when ready. Otherwise leave in the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes
- Remove the quiches from the oven when they are fully baked and let them cool down.
- Put the quiches in freezer bags or tupperwares in the freezer
- Remove 1 quiche from the freezer 1 day in advance
- The moment quiche is eaten, heat it up and if desired decorate it with an olive and/or edible flower.