Recently I discovered on the internet that ‘cloudbread’ is very popular for people who want to eat as little carbohydrates as possible. I liked the name and went looking for a recipe. With some tweaks I managed to make cloudbread which has about the right ratio of carbohydrates, proteins and fat for Naois. When my mother who is from France tasted it, she immediately thought of a French specialty the “soufflé au fromage“. In a next blog post I will give the ketogenic version of the recipe for the sauce that can be eaten with the cloud-bread. But now first the recipe for cloudbread:
Nutritional value for about 12 cloudbread buns
- Calories: 1463 (121 calories for 1 bun)
- Ratio: 2.99
- Carbohydrates: 07 g (0.6 g carbohydrates for 1 bun)
- Proteins: 40 g (3 g protein for 1 bun)
- Fat: 141 g (12 g fat for 1 bun)
Ingredients for about 12 cloudbread buns:
- 150 g eggs
- 03 g salt
- 03 g cream of tartar
- 33 g olive oil
- 300 g MonChou cream cheese
- Preheat the (electric) oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Separate the egg yolk and the egg white
- Add the salt and the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat the egg whites stiff.
- Add the olive oil and MonChou cream cheese to the egg yolk and mix these 3 ingredients well together.
- Carefully add (without breaking the egg white) the beaten egg white to the egg yolk mixture and stir gently.
- Place baking paper on a baking tray and use 2 tablespoons to place 12 little stacks of the egg white – egg yolk mixture on the baking paper.
- Place the baking tray in the middle of the preheated oven
- Remove the buns from the oven after 10 to 15 minutes and let them cool down.
- Then carefully remove the buns from the baking tray with a flat spatula.
- The buns are now ready to be covered with toppings 🙂